Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Grats

I am grateful:


1. That I *want * to give service to others.
2. That I have opportunities to, including to the children
3. And possible tutor kids
4. And possible Reiki clients
5. And friends
6. And people suffering in program
7. And out of program, like here
8. My throat and lungs and been, have felt, so clear for a while now! I wonder if some of it could be psychological!
9. They did say to me in program (OA), “We will love you until you can love yourself.” Wow.
10. Louise Hayes
11. Melodie Beattie
12. That I practiced this morning, and it was fun (Still Monday)
13. A whole day off today. Ummm
14. Maybe my courage getting through this is helping B and/or M. I think it is.
15. Indian food.
16. And that England will have it too, for me: )
17. My little, just-right amount of prescribed Paxil.
18. That I don’t do, like, a Paxil and a Xanax and a valium and wine or stuff like that.
19. I got the garbage out (it’s Tuesday now)
20. Gave doggie her morning treat
21. She’s waggly : )
22. I’m glad I woke up
23. I’m so so glad I’m appreciating life. A lot of the reality way, which I am getting from my much-loved sponsor who lives in a way that is such a fantastic example for me.
24. That M called me in need of going to the ENT. I would rather her not be sick, and I would rather not have to go, but I’m glad she has me to call.
25. And that of course I will do it.
26. That today I shall write out one week’s worth of food and just follow it. I am ready to do that again. I used to do it, and it worked quite well for me. Phew.
27. All the love J had for me
28. And the wonderful ways he treated me when he was treating me wonderfully
29. I’m not so worried about money now.
30. I will get my bag of paper work done this week. Phew.
31. I did a load of dishes and I’m happy I did.
32. That dishwasher detergent work right, so I’ll give it back to M and buy more.
33. That I HAVE a dishwasher. My grandmother didn’t even have a washing machine until later in life. She literally washed clothes on a board!
34. That I am here, this age, now. -- Wow that I could say that!
35. A deep breath just came.
36. Things I learned on Dr. Oz the last 2 shows I saw
37. Getting along nicely with J.
38. Vacation week. Vacation week vacation week vacation week.
39. And the next one – I’ll be in England!
40. Doggie is here.
41. I WILL do something for HER FUN today!
42. Access to healthy food.
43. Hot coffee this morning.
44. Inspirational people.
45. That Br called me back yesterday.
46. The exercise mat!
47. And that J brought it here for me
48. The exercise bands and DVD
49. The treadmill. What a luxury!
50. The balance thing too! I am so lucky
51. My little plants in the sunroom
52. My place is only about 1000 or 1100 square feet. But that is PLENTY of room for me (or me and a doggie). More than enough. I would even have less if it would mean everyone could have the same.
53. MA calling last night
54. M getting some relief last night.
55. Intestines that work
56. Eyesight
57. That I am physically able
58. That it is nice out today. Instead of constantly worrying about global warming, I can do what I can about it and about educating, and then enjoy a day. That’s a big difference in attitude.
59. I have a FEELING I’ll get to see MA and ML and maybe with O, before going back to school next Monday.
60. M taking my mother for lunch yesterday
61. And bringing her dinner last night.
62. Maybe I should reconsider this not telling her stuff. Maybe I could do more with her/for her if I weren’t constantly worried about her finding out.
63. I’m getting to the point where I don’t give a ___what others think of me, and that is good. Doing what I can, that is right, because it is right, not because of who will think what.
64. EJ’s beautiful words yesterday.
65. And the lovely dream about meeting someone like that, that I had last night.
66. And the beautiful mountains and nature in the dream.
67. And MA in the dream too.
68. Cosmetics that do not test on animals.
69. Same about perfumes
70. And soaps
71. And shampoos…
72. Countries that are at peace.
73. People who don’t hurt each other.
74. People who would never hurt each other.
75. I don’t have the family I’d like, but I’m grateful that some people do. I really am.
76. Reiki ability
77. Teaching ability
78. Tutoring ability
79. Piano ability
80. Painting not ability(!) but fun
81. Coloring
82. Embroidering
83. And that I find joy in the stitch.
84. And that so many people have commented on how neat my stitches are.
85. And that so many have said it would make them nervous. But I find it so relaxing. Long before I ever thought of doing meditation, I found such joy in the stitch. Not about the finished product – that’s a bonus. About the one stitch. Now that I know, I see how mindful that is!
86. Every pillowcase I’ve done.
87. Meeting new people
88. Old friends
89. My little house. It really needs work, but I’m glad I have it.
90. Relaxation. Every time I have it
91. That I am literate.
92. That I am educated. That’s lucky.
93. That I know how to work hard at things.
94. I am grateful to God for my brain.
95. And that it is not smarter. If it were, I think I would have become a real snob.
96. A gorgeous sunset picture on tv right now. Blue down to green, yellow, orange, and bright pink, over water across land.
97. Coats.
98. Desks.
99. A table. I hope I can eat at it again someday.
100. Stamps. I used to be afraid of getting them. Long, phobic story, doesn’t matter. But now I can get them pretty easily.

No comments:

Post a Comment