Monday, February 6, 2012

Readings

Today's For Today:

"Just for today, I will look as good as I can, dress becomingly . . ." Just for Today

"What a difference that little suggestion made in my outlook - and my life. I put on a good dress just to go to the meeting, and suddenly I felt as wonderfully free of the burden of myself as if I had stepped right out of my fat body.
It is not a sign of vanity, but self-acceptance to dress as becomingly as I can, no matter where I'm going. My wardrobe does not have to be expensive or large. These are not the criteria. How i dress and how I look are clues to how I'm feeling about myself.

For today: What am i wearing, and how do I look?"

--

Today's Voices of Recovery

"Don't allow yourself to either think or talk about any real or imagined pleasure you once got from certain foods." -Before You Take That First Compulsive Bite, Remember . . .

Wow. I never thought of this.
Okay. And it says:

"I enlarged this pamphlet and cut it into squares. Each piece of paper had one suggestion on it. I put them up, one at a time, in a corner of my bathroom mirror and read them over and over until they became recorded in my mine.
After eleven years of contented abstinence, I'm still using those suggestions, especially the one about not allowing myself to think about how a certain food might taste. It still works to keep food thought from getting in to my mind and developing into obsessions."

--

Today's In This Moment

"In This Moment, I ask, seek, and knock.

When I ask, answers come.

When I seek, people cross my path.

When I knock, doors open.

I have new choices that bring change to my life, through new information, direction, and challenge. All of this is a gift of my working the Steps in CoDA. I now trust that my Higher Power will reveal to me all that I need to know."

May this be true!

--

Today's The Language of Letting Go:

"Stopping Victimization

Before recovery, many of us lacked a frame of reference with which to name the victimization and abuse in our life. We may have thought it was normal that people mistreated us. We may have believed we deserved mistreatment; we may have been attracted to people who mistreated us.
We need to let go, on a deep level, of our need to be victimized and to be victims. We need to let go of our need to be in dysfunctional relationships and systems at work, in love, in family relationships, in friendships. We deserve better. We deserve much better. It is our right. When we believe in our right to happiness, we will have happiness.
We will fight for that right, and the fight will emerge from our souls. Break free form oppression and victimization.

Today, I will liberate myself by letting go of my need to be a victim, and I'll explore my freedom to take care of myself. That liberation will not take me further away from people I love. It will bring me closer to people and more in harmony with God's plan for my life."

==

So again, that was:
"Today, I will liberate myself by letting go of my need to be a victim, and I'll explore my freedom to take care of myself."
Wow.

No comments:

Post a Comment