Monday, February 13, 2012

Readings

For Today:

"The wise man, the true friend, the finished character we seek everywhere and only find in fragments." Ralph Waldo Emerson

"Where, oh where, is that perfect person? Surely, I will find someone who is everything I want. Maybe this one. Or that one. how noble the quest for perfection sounds. Why was there always something wrong with people? After all, i wouldn't do THAT,tut. Or this, tsk.
Today I have climbed down from my 'rightness' perch and I enjoy people as they are. I am free to laugh, especially at myself, to join in the storytelling, the kidding, the jokes. i accept and love people as they are because I can accept and love myself.

For today: As I free myself of self-absorption, I put aside being right and reach out with warmth to another person."

Yes! That's me!

--

Voices of Recovery

No comments:

Post a Comment