Wednesday, February 15, 2012

I Did This:

Got permission to miss two days of school for the course with Thich Nhat Hahn in London.
Got accepted and registered for the course.
Got a hotel for self, 10 minutes from the course.
Got round trip flights all done.
And paid for it all myself. With money I earned. (And school's gonna pay for some because it's about teaching and I'm sharing when I get back - but I've earned that too!)

For me, this is all a VERY big deal. I have never called a hotel for a room, even here, let alone book international flights. I wasn't even able to get a call through at first to London - didn't know anything about international code, my phone service isn't set up for...Plus my credit card got frozen for "suspicious charges" because I never do anything! :) Correction: I never USED TO DO anything. Plus the flight online site, through which you have to go for the discount, wasn't working, but I didn't know that and just kept thinking I'm doing something wrong...
Spent many hours on all of this over the last few days. But DID IT!
Now Saturday I get passport! I can do that.
Then I borrow suitcase. Really.
Then I figure out where to eat after the course ends, when I'm STAYING FOR THREE DAYS TO TOUR A LITTLE IN THE PLACE I'VE ALWAYS WANTED TO VISIT AND ASKED J IF WE COULD MANY TIMES! (Vegan with "no" money, trying to eat in London lol).
And I will learn what to do about money conversion.

I'm also glad I decided not to do France right now.
1. No money
2. This has been enough for me to do. Arranging more, involving a foreign country...for some a limited few days....doesn't feel right.
3. It's too romantic a feeling, France, for me right now. It will hurt me to go there alone AT THIS POINT.
4. More flights, even short, = too much for what I WANT right now. And, being just about able to get into some elevators now, I'm not about to do the Chunnel! :)
And 5. I AM going to go. I'm going to scrimp and save!!!! I'm going to go with a tour group!!!! I can do it. And I will know a little bit more of the language by then too!

Thank you, God, for all.

1 comment:

  1. This is the most exciting thing! I am SO happy for you - and so proud. Wow!!!

    ReplyDelete