Monday, December 12, 2011

I Am Becoming More Free!

I know this can sound positively ridiculous to many others, but I have had real phobias, so it is not ridiculous to me.

Today, feeling nervous about it, I went to the shopping mall I've never driven to before in my life (J always drove), and haven't been to in years anyway. M gave me directions.
You see, I "had to" get something special for O, as she's becoming a citizen this Friday!
So, with limited budget, but really wanting something meaningful, and with suggestion of another teacher, I did it!

I left form school, got there, was in the low-ceilinged indoor parking garage, selected, bought, selected engraving, and came home.
Again, I'm aware how silly this may seem, but it's the kind of thing J always did for me. And I'm very glad I did it! Almost couldn't. Literally. But did.

And now - it will be no big deal in the future:)

And now I'm going to list some other things I've accomplished since January:

Finally started doing the laundry, even though at the time it meant doing it in the unfinished basement (like a cellar), in the dark, holding a flashlight.

Finally started getting the garbage and recycling out more regularly - though not perfect yet.

Finally fill my own car every time for myself.

Finally cook every weekend so I'll have good foods to eat for the week.

Finally sticking to a healthy food plan.
And losing weight.

Finally able to read again (was too depressed to) - though not here, yet. That's okay. Little steps.

I went on the lower level of the bridge with O this summer. I had to take a xanax to do it, and didn't mention that to her - for HER comfort's sake - but I did it! It's been decades since done that.

Lots of other things, that I would have ordinarily asked J to help or do; just can't think of them all now.

Just needed to keep some record - I *am* accomplishing.
I *am* growing.

Yay!

And now, fireworks for me:

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
~*~* ~*~*~*~* ~*~*
*~*~*~*~*
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

2 comments:

  1. Fireworks for you! You are on the road, baby, on the road! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh thank you, Dear One!
    Thank you and bless you.

    ReplyDelete