Monday, December 26, 2011

My Favorite Meal

It is a variation on the complete meal protein/veggie bake below
(My second favorite is the pasta with protein and veg)

I eat this probably 4 - 6 x a week (out of 21 meals)

Ingreds:

2 T Wesson canola oil (to use at two different times)
1 T olive oil or extra virgin olive oil
1 bag or 1/2 large bag frozen broccoli florets (or use spears but cut them after nuking)
1 bag or 1/2 large bag frozen spinach
1 bag or 1/2 large bag frozen collards
1 can artichoke hearts. I usually buy quartered, and cut them in half lengthwise again
a sprinkle of Wheat Germ (optional)
1 slice Ezekial 4:9 bread
1/8 or 1/4 cup Panko Italian bread crumbs
1 T Soy Garden Earth Balance (optional - could use more of either oil if prefer)
1 bag (4 cutlets) Gardein "chicken" scallopini

Directions:
Preheat oven to 375 degrees farenheit
Put 1 T Wesson in bottom of baking pan
Nuke the veggies just to defrost, one at a time, and layer in pan (I do about 2 minutes per)
Broccoli, then spinach, then collards
Then add the cut up artichoke hearts
Nuke for 1 or 2 minutes, the gardein (I buy frozen) then sautee as per directions - then cut up into bite-sized pieces and set aside
Sprinkle the Ezekial bread, crumbled
Sprinkle the Wheat Germ
Sprinkle the breadcrumbs
Sprinkle the 1 T of olive oil over it
Then the 1 T of Earth Balance (in bits all around)
Put the cut-up Gardein on top
Cover with aluminum foil
Bake for about 35 minutes - sometimes 40 - it should look a little tan or a little browned - not like raw beige breadcrumbs
Stir it all up

I love this hot, warm, cool, or cold from refrigerater
I get 6 servings out of this.
Will stay in fridge for like 8 days!

*I do NOT like it AS MUCH after freezing, so I don't do that anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment