Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Today's 100 Gratitudes

I am grateful:

1. It is Dec 27 as I start these. Eleanor Roosevelt
2. Helen Keller
3. That I want to live.
4. And that I want to *really * live. Like DO things.
5. Taking doggie for that nice walk in the brisk air was good for me.
6. For both of us.
7. Now it’s Dec. 28th. I’m grateful that I called O yesterday and asked if she wanted to go (with her mother) out for Indian food lunch
8. And that she said yes
9. We went, and it was great. New place to us. Fabulous food and nice service and atmosphere and price. (Next time buffet, though, ‘cause cheaper).
10. And I ate well. Not pigged out. (I should really learn to cook Indian food).
11. My piano teacher is having a concert given by her – gulp - adult students. I said absolutely not. I will attend and clap; I will NOT perform. LOTS of issues about that. Growing up, beatings, terror, . . .
12. But when I came home, I realized I WANT to. She had said (I think we should TRY.).
13. And I started practicing.
14. And I have just checked my e-mail and she says yes let’s go for it – the two pieces I’d mentioned
15. Having trouble cleaning up these particular four rooms. Gonna right each room gives time to practice or one tv show.
16. And K just e-mailed me, so I called her and it just so happens that yesterday SHE faced a whole day and evening of cleaning up after a long long time!
17. And we had a nice talk.
18. Plus that gave me inspiration.
19. J. called - he called the window and heat people about that room that still needs. I appreciate that.
20. And when window place reopens (6 weeks or something) HE’S going to try to replace – because will save ME money. I’m grateful
21. And he’s gonna talk to the guys about the heat.
22. AND he’s encouraging me to spend the extra and get it done right because, “It will make it more efficient for you anyway, plus someday if you ever sell, you’ll recoup that money. And this all sounds good to me about our treatment of each other.
23. And I’m also grateful – SO grateful – that this all sounds good to me instead of all depressing about future!
24. And I re-offered to help him with his business stuff.
25. And I did NOT mean that with any hidden agenda.
26. He said nothing anyone can do right now but he’s very grateful for the offer and really does want to be friends with me.
27. And that felt good to me and I’m very grateful that it did.
28. And Friday O and her mom and I are going to a Buddhist store in the city! And to see the sights… I’m really looking forward to that.
29. I am so grateful for things to look forward to.
30. I’m going to go do some cleaning NOW. Before I let so much time go that I don’t start. Which is VERY tempting. I will come back and do more grats. later.

31. Adding quickly. Took 90 minutes. Did sunroom.
32.Still no heat and couple broken windows in there, but I've cleaned it out and put it in order
33. And - it is lovely.
34. And - I do have an electric heater if needed before the windows/heat can get done.
35. And - I can do my hw there daily now!
36. And my morning spiritual work!
37. And meditate!
38. J and I have fought about that room that I've been paying for in both mortgages and taxes for almost 30 years and haven't been able to use for almost 25. We have been fighting about that room for 20-something years. And I have it now. And it speaks of me.
39. K might come her on New Year's Day and we can make manifestation boards. If hse doesn't, I think I'll still do one.
40. And put it in the sunroom!

Now must go face the *dreaded* dining room. 90 minutes til next little break.
Be back later with more grats and other spiritual work. Just don't want to put off the cleaning because I know that then I will not do it!

41. Oh my gosh, I have now done the dining room. I can hardly believe it. Over a year of clutter. Gone. And floor cleaned and rug vacuumed, ...
42. And now I get another break.
43. Then I talk to the divorce-specialty therapist
44. Then I do l.r.
45. Then I get lunch
46. Oh - and all this cleaning hurts, but - it must be burning calories, right? : )

I'll be back for rest.

All right. Here come the rest:

47. I am almost finished with the living room. Physically cannot do anymore today. So stopping. But SO grateful!
48. Tomorrow I think I can finish the living room and do the den and bathroom. Then Friday out having fun and later piano tuner comes. Then Saturday more house (and maybe car). I hope and expect to do the bedroom and closet.
49. If I need to (because it’s kind of really hurting physically), I can go into Monday.
50. And on New Year’s Day, I am going to make a manifestation board. Or at least start it.
51. And my friend K might join me here and make one too.
52. And I had nice talks with MA today.
53. And I practiced today. A little Bach and a little Reinhold.
54. I am grateful for this evening. I will eat dinner, watch tv, and chill a bit.
55. And maybe get more sleep.
56. I am so grateful for having more strength emotionally than I’d had or thought I’d have.
57. And more physically too.
58. And that God is helping me.
59. And for my vacuum.
60. I have literally not cleaned for a year. Yes that is embarrassing, but I was depressed … and I’m doing it now!
61. I had healthy breakfast
62. And healthy lunch
63. And healthy dinner is in fridge ready to be heated.
64. Lamps
65. The huge, old oak tree out front.
66. K.
67. O.
68. M is back from being away and we had a GREAT talk today.
69. My sponsor was “kvelling” – sponsor’s word – over how well I’m doing.
70. Oh, and tomorrow afternoon I hope to get my hair done. Otherwise Saturday.
71. I am grateful that I am free.
72. And that I can walk
73. And talk
74. And see
75. And breathe on my own.
76. And that I am not in a hospital
77. And that I still have my mother.
78. And for MA
79. And my hands
80. And my hair
81. And my kidneys.
82. And my table in the sunroom.
83. And my meditation bell
84. And Thich Naht Hahn
85. And music
86. And bookcases
87. And built in bookshelves
88. And towels
89. And soap
90. And hand soap
91. And hand cream
92. And eyeglasses
93. And every person who ever reads this blog
94. And candles
95. And sage for burning and “smudging.”
96. I think when I’m finished cleaning, I’ll do that.
97. And that I got my garbage out today.
98. And they took it.
99. And I’m about to bring down my recycling
100. And I believe they’ll take that tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment