Tuesday, December 27, 2011

100 Gratitudes Today

I am grateful:

1. Dec. 26 I got through the holidays. (Now just New Year’s Eve, which is also the anniversary of our engagement, and New Year’s Day)
2. Watching Hoarders Buried Alive right now. Realizing how fortunate I am.
3. Being with O and her mom last night for a few minutes in the cozy little house that is so like mine, only all clean and in order and decorated fully, gave me inspiration. She too, has things wrong – a broken floor etc. – like my paint and bathroom paint etc. – and yet you don’t see it now that she’s fixed up.
4. And her going to the Laundromat every week, helps inspire me about just doing laundry right here in my own basement!
5. Now it’s Dec 27. Yesterday I did 8/9 things that were on my list.
6. Including cleaning the kitchen
7. Plus I added cooking three things and portioning for fridge and freezer.
8. Some of the things made me nervous, but I did them anyway.
9. I found a tuner/technician. He will be here Friday.
10. Birdie, Birdie, Birdie
11. I bring my car in for inspection today.
12. And headlight. It’s been dark.
13. And I think I can get my hair cut this afternoon.
14. Plus one load of laundry and straightening the d.r.
15. And a couple other things on list.
16. Had great long talk with MA yesterday.
17. Should get to see her Thursday.
18. And my CoDA sponsor soon too, if *I * have time. (So much to do here).
19. I will figure out the humidifier and do it today.
20. I will not play boggle today. Too much yesterday! Bad for the brain all that computer/typing/words game.
21. I will go to OA
22. And maybe start my book?
23. I am grateful for my eye drops.
24. And my vision
25. And that I’m stronger than I used to be.
26. And maybe stronger than I’d thought.
27. That this is what Stats on my blog looks like for last few days: United States 97. Russia 12. China 11. Canada 10. Norway 5. Germany 4. Brazil 2. United Kingdom 2. France 1. India 1. That makes me feel great. Not alone. And also maybe helping someone(s).
28. I am so grateful for doggie in bed with me these nights.
29. And playing with her with her toys.
30. And the new floppy toy I gave her.
31. I am grateful for my allergy medicine
32. And that I can breathe.
33. And that I’m eating well.
34. And losing weight.
35. And that I have hope for MY future.
36. Artists
37. Museums near me
38. All my shoes.
39. Hats. I look good in hats.
40. My pocket book.
41. My food program.
42. Giraffes
43. I still have a present to open.
44. All the present I get from the families. In December and June.
45. The gift certificate.
46. My new and improved (for them) computer list. Much smarter this way.
47. New aide coming Jan. 3. Oh good.
48. I will talk to Tr and B soon.
49. That my digestive system works.
50. That my mother trusts me.
51. That I’m feeling more like a person. More like a self. More like myself. Than in years. Wow.
52. That I still have a sense of humor and make little jokes that make people smile
53. And not at the expense of others.
54. That I think I’ll be finding cheaper ways to cook.
55. And new ways too.
56. But no rush. That’s good too.
57. That at least that is one thing I’ve been doing “on schedule.” Every week for the week. Plus some extras.
58. I’m thinking whole grain and beans with tomato and a healthy salad on the side.
59. That I’m drinking so much more water.
60. Access to fresh, clean water. What a gift.
61. That I do pray for others.
62. That I’m doing this work every day, even though I sometimes don’t want to start!
63. That today I will take doggie somewhere for a good long walk. She loves that!
64. That I’m not in such fear.
65. I’m not trying to repeat. So at least I’ll put them all on one number here today. But I am so grateful for: MA, ML, S, St, O, M, Ma, JA, K. And Tr. and B. And even N. And Birdie and JJ and EJ.
66. And Jo’s kindness to me last June when I really needed it.
67. And my free tech sessions with her.
68. And all that this job has exposed me to.
69. Buddha
70. My little Buddha necklace from M.
71. That I’m getting along well with D.
72. My healthy beautiful heart.
73. That my ears are pierced.
74. My amethyst ring that my parents bought for 8th grade graduation.
75. And that I find it cute that at 14, I said to them at the store, “But will I still like it when I’m old, like 25?”
76. And that they smiled and said yes.
77. And that I’m 56 and I still like it and still sometimes wear it.
78. That if someday I want romantic love again, I know I will find it.
79. That I believe I will heal from this.
80. That I have boots this year.
81. People who donate money to charities of their choice.
82. People who donate time to charities of their choice.
83. People who donate money to charities of my choice, in my name.
84. Tea
85. A good coffee maker.
86. Lace
87. That I’m going to pay someone soon to clean this place. I am straightening it and doing a good once-over. And I’ll probably get professionals for windows etc., just this once: )
88. I will find a way to get that room heated this year.
89. Maybe *I’ll * be the one to move forward with the proceedings. Maybe. It could protect me. We’ll see. I’ll pray for strength.
90. My daily readings. All 4 of them.
91. The OA phone marathon yesterday. I loved having it.
92. That they’ll have it again next Sunday
93. And Monday.
94. That I’ve been to Bermuda.
95. And Barbados.
96. And Montreal.
97. And Niagara Falls.
98. And Los Angeles
99. And Iowa (relatives)
100. And Washington DC
101. And Philly.

No comments:

Post a Comment